Friday, January 20, 2012

Talent Plus Potential and Desire Equals Adventures in Music....

I recently had the privilege of being invited to embark on a little musical endeavor with some friends of mine..Its gonna be a bit of a challenge,but I honestly believe that we are up to the task..We have "some" experience playing  together in different groupings but none as a whole..We have a Very Experienced Lead Guitar Picker/Lead Vocalist,Rick Homan, that is our Fearless Leader sort to speak.He has played at places all over the country with many different groups throughout the years,and is very well versed in many styles of music..Why he took on this task I will never know,but I am VERY GRATEFUL that he did..Aside from him we will have another friend,Ronnie, on rhythm guitar and vocals..He has been working with the lead guitarist for awhile and is showing improvements all the time.He doesn't have any Stage Experience but he seems to have a genuine love for music that all the training in the world can't replace..Then on drums we have the Rhythm Guitar players stepson.He doesn't have any Stage Experience that I am aware of,but he seemed to pick up on "Our Style" pretty easy and seemed determined to work with Rick to improve..And then there is me..I have only one real performance on stage in front of a live audience but I think that it went pretty well..I will be playing Bass guitar on most songs but will switch to guitar for the songs that I will do vocals on..Like I said Talent Plus Potential and Desire Equals Adventures in Music...But as a wise man,I forget who,once said,if it was easy everyone would be a Star.............One String At A Time...........

1 comment: